Global International, since 1950
Back in 1950, Jan de Vlieger started trading in industrial sewing machines and later became distributor of several trademarks. His sons took over and successfully expanded the company into one of the largest independent distributor of industrial sewing machines in the world.
In 1990 the company started to develop a new line of machines called “Global” and we started producing new machines at our own factory. This new company Global International BV has been very successful since many years and is specialized in new machines for the shoe, upholstery, heavy duty sewing and the textile industry under the Global brand name.
We still keep a large inventory of used machines of all brands, which we can offer for great prices.
Imca/Global’s headquarters in Haarlem, the Netherlands, covers 12,000 m2 and houses the company’s main offices, warehouses, distribution center, service department and the Imca/Global museum with our famous collection.